Peace of mind: free with every Citation SaaS subscription
The many benefits of Software as a Service have made this delivery model a huge success, with “amazing” growth and revenues expanding 6x faster than other software, according to analyst firm IDC. With its significantly lower total cost of ownership (TCO), faster implementation and seamless scalability, the SaaS model enables Citation Technologies to enhance the value of its Compliance Suite solutions for customers.
- By avoiding capital outlays for in-house servers and software, customers can save from $30,000 to $100,000 with Citation, depending on implementation size.
- Updates and other administrative tasks are centrally performed by Citation staff, accelerating availability of new releases and patches and reducing workload for internal IT teams.
While these cost and efficiency benefits are notable, the success of any SaaS offering rests on two fundamental elements: security and reliability. And it’s here that Citation particularly excels. We provide a highly robust, fully redundant and secure hosting environment by leveraging sophisticated technology and industry best practices. Following are highlights of Citation’s SaaS infrastructure and processes.
Secure and reliable SaaS
- World-class datacenters: Citation partners with i/o Datacenters to provide secure hosting facilities (SAS 70 Type II Certified) that protect customer data and the environment itself. These facilities feature multiple layers of access control, including a defensible perimeter, digital video surveillance, biometric screening, round-the-clock guards, and on-site Citation support personnel. In addition to the primary datacenter at i/o, Citation also partners with Digital Realty Trust (DRT) to provide a completely redundant failover site. The network infrastructure, power and connectivity at both the primary and failover locations are fully redundant. This end-to-end redundancy is there to ensure maximum availability of the solutions Citation provides, enabling us to deliver maximum scheduled availability.
- SSL encryption over the Internet: Citation uses the industry-proven Secure Socket Layer protocol, which provides strong, 128-bit encryption and a secure pipeline to ensure the integrity and privacy of the connection between each customer and the Citation datacenter.
- IP restricted content: Upon request, Citation can prevent users from accessing any of the Compliance Suite content unless they do so from within the customer’s network firewall.
- Ongoing security testing: Every release of Citation software undergoes extensive intrusive security scans before rollout to ensure the highest level of security. The network topology also undergoes regular scans to validate its security.
- Best practices: Secure software begins with sound engineering practices. Our professional engineers use industry best practices in software development and network management, including rigorous code reviews, testing and monitoring.
By building our infrastructure and software on a strong, secure and reliable engineering foundation, hosting it in state-of-the-art datacenters and conducting stringent monitoring, testing and upgrades, Citation adds peace of mind to the many advantages of the SaaS model.